Friday, July 12, 2013

The End.

All right, y'all.

I quit. I'm done. Stick a fork in me. Get me the hell out of this challenge!

I mean the plank challenge. I did this bitch for more than month. I'm done.

Supposedly, if you follow this graphic, you go from 20 seconds to 5 minutes in Just. One. Month! In five weeks, I made it to two minutes. A week after the graphic says I should be there.

Now, if you're in shape, if you're in good shape, maybe you can make it to 5 minutes in a month. My dad did a minute on his first try (go Dad!). I am not in good shape. I work in an office. It's work for me to go up 3 flights of stairs (which I do because why not). I do yoga for about 45 minutes a week. Total.

I knew this going into this challenge: There's no way in hell I can do it.

But that's part of what this blog is about. The plank challenge started this blog. Let two normal women try out these challenges and see if they're actually realistic for normal people (and by normal I mean people who don't cross fit or run marathons or lift 2000 pounds on their backs) (not that all those people aren't normal, just, you know, super fit).

My verdict for the plank challenge?

Completely, totally, absolutely, sufferingly unrealistic.

Want to be able to plank? Hey, you can! Right now! Get down on your elbows or your hands and lift your stomach off the floor. Hold as long as you can. Keep practicing. It'll take more than a month, but you will eventually get pretty good.

Want a reasonable planking challenge? Here ya go.

Go forth and plank as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment