Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Challenge: Traffic Jam

Traffic jams are a major trigger for me for getting junk food. My commute is already an hour; any time spent over that leaves me frustrated and starving. Tonight the interstate had all lanes closed, so I jumped off and took back roads. It took me an extra 30 minutes to get home...normally, that would justify a swing through the drive through.

Tonight, though, I drove on home. Partly because I only drove past one place that I could stop, and partly because I was so tired I didn't want to do anything other than get home.

So I cooked. I made fried tuna patties (3 cans of tuna, 2 eggs, pepper, a little salt, dill, fried in coconut oil), mashed cauliflower, and a salad. Very simple dinner and very satisfying.

I'm glad I passed up the paper bag meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment