Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day Off

This morning I got to kick back with my coffee and read and relax instead of running out the door at 6:45. Had a delicious, unrushed breakfast of ground pork and scrambled eggs topped with salsa -- who says I'm on a diet? I couldn't find any sausage at the store that didn't have soy or sugar in it, so I went with the ground sausage and added some pepper flakes to spice it up.

I'm declaring today a day of rest from the plank challenge. Technically, I should be repeating the second 2-minute plank, but I've not had a rest day since Friday. I did, however, manage a 2-minute plank on Tuesday; last night's attempt failed miserably. I think I waited till it was too late and I was tired.

So today! Relaxation. Also, working on a Pinterest pin I made a few weeks ago: Weekly Menu Boards. I'm stocking the meal box with lots of delicious paleo meals that suit both me and my husband -- we each get a board since he's living in Virginia. I think instead of having the days of the week I'll list Meal 1, Meal 2, etc. I don't like pre-planning what day I do what meal -- what if I have something complicated planned, but I come home exhausted and don't have the energy to whip up something complicated? I think Meal 1 is less pressure than Monday.

Happy Independence Day, Americans! Go forth and BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment