Sunday, July 7, 2013

Paleo Weekend the First

In the past, I've always pretty much thrown away the paleo eating plan on the weekends. I knew this weekend would be a challenge, not only because it was the usual time when I'd throw the rules out the window, but because my husband was home. Dun dun DUN!

As my last post indicated, we went out Friday night. Saturday we kicked around the house, eggs for breakfast for me and a coconut-nut butter porridge for him, and tuna and veggie sticks for lunch. Then come dinner time, I got a major craving for the Golden Arches (and ice cream), and I withstood as long as I could. Then...we went out again.

But! Not to the GA. We went to a chain place where I could get a burger with bacon. So. Simple order, right? Bacon burger, no cheese, no mayo, no bun, add avocado, switch fries for broccoli.

First, I had fries and no bacon. I gave the husband my fries. I received my broccoli. I asked for my bacon.

My server was very confused. I will be better prepared next time.

Today I hit the grocery store before the church crowd. Stocked up on my veggies (noooooom) (6 avocados) (SIX!). I like Sundays at the grocery store because that's when my store marks down meat. I got the jackpot today, with 3 pounds of marked down grass-fed ground beef and a pound of ground buffalo. I forgot to get eggs, though, because the normal egg spot has the kind I like (cage free) normally, but the 2 cartons there had broken eggs. So I was going back to the organic section but got distracted by ... something. Mustard? Olives? I think so. Damn condiments.

Plank today: 1:20. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment