Friday, July 5, 2013

Paleo. Day 6. Plank. 2 Minutes.

The title says it all.

I had my first restaurant-on-the-Whole30 experience. I chose Ruby Tuesday for dinner because salad bar!

Let me tell you now, all of their appetizers are paleo-unfriendly. The apps are all breaded, or cheese, or come with tortilla chips. (What I should have done is order the guacamole and the salad bar and gotten veggies from the salad bar to eat the guac with.) Most of their entrees are not strict-paleo friendly, what with the creamy sauces or the breading. I ended up going with a steak.

I did get the salad bar as one of my sides (and it was delicious). Their selection of sides is actually really good for people trying to eat healthier: grilled zucchini, creamy mashed cauliflower, sliced tomatoes, roasted spaghetti squash, snap peas, grilled green beans, and broccoli. So I definitely appreciate their selection of veggies -- so much better than the usual french fries or "seasonal veggies".

I had my first paleo-induced dream last night. I dreamed that I had a Dr Pepper without realizing it was Dr Pepper, and then when my husband pointed it out, I was so angry at myself, and sad that I'd have to push the "No, I didn't make it" button in my daily Whole30 emails. Silly? Yes. But if these are the dreams, I want more! At least in my dreams I can have Dr Pepper and cupcakes and cheese fondue.

Also, 2 minute plank tonight. Wooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment