Monday, July 22, 2013

Hey look, a blog!

Well, I'm on day 22 of my Whole30 challenge. All is going well. Energy levels are up, crankiness brought on by hunger is down, and life is good. I spent a couple hours yesterday chopping veggies to get ready for the week so my meals will be super simple to prepare -- that's where the trick is, I think, is being prepared and ready to come home and cook.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I wanted a cheeseburger every now and then though, bun and all. In fact, my birthday dinner (next week) is totally going to be a cheeseburger. And fries. And a chocolate shake. It will likely kill me, but I'm ok with that.

I've not been doing so great with my other goals that I set. Daily journaling? Not so much. Walking? ...Not so much.

I have, however, kept up with my 15 minutes of yoga 3 times a week. Plus, I've added in some Zumba (on the Wii) a few times a week. I first bought the game back in March, and I tried it once and gave it up because I felt stupid. Well, last week I decided I wanted to dance and I didn't care how dumb I looked...and I'm sure I looked pretty dumb. But I had fun, and I enjoyed moving my body, and I danced. Sort of. It was definitely a work out, and I hope it's something I can keep on doing. Maybe I'll even extend the not-caring-about-looking-dumb to public dancing...we'll see.

Planning on starting a new challenge -- squats this time. I'm hesitant about doing a ridiculous, THIS-IS-SPARTA challenge because I know it won't work...but then, that's the point, right? To show the ridiculousness of some of the challenges floating around in the internet that give average-fitness people unrealistic goals and make them not even start because, hey, 200 squats in one day? Really? It sounds great...but I'm doubtful it's possible. But I'll give it a go and do my best. Stay tuned for the link to the squat challenge we pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment