Saturday, June 29, 2013

Whole30 Challenge

Paleo, I'm coming back to you! I started eating paleo back in November or December, and I really like it. I just...got lost recently and turned to the easy out: fast food. I think that is my biggest challenge, is not turning to fast food even when I know it's going to make me feel like shit.

So I've signed up for the Whole30 Daily. It's basically a daily email full of encouragement and ass kicking, which is what I need. Both, equally. I think I'm luckier than Syd in my challenge because I live along and don't have to think about the food preferences of anyone else -- I can concentrate on me and what I like.

What I like so far about the Whole30 program:

Throw out your scale. I've said this for years, believed it for years, and, again in this area, have gotten lost. I've grown used to weighing myself daily, which is silly because weight is not an indicator of health. I don't want to get hung up on that. So I've weighed myself today (Day 0), and I will be tucking the scale away. I will also be skipping the weigh-in on the Wii Fit for the next 30 days.

Set measurable goals. I'm going to do this. I will post my goals for my 30 days tomorrow.

Don't count what you're eating. Eat good stuff until you're full. That's the only thing you're measuring, is your level of fullness.

What I don't like:
Don't eat stuff that's a replacement food. For example, pancakes are bad. Pizza is bad. I don't like labeling food as bad...though I can see their point. We're trying to break bad habits and get away from the junky food, and eating food that reminds us of the junky food is not so swell.

No sugars at all. Previously, I'd eat honey and maple syrup on occasion. No more (at least for the next 30 days).

Today I'm shopping for my meals for the week, and tomorrow I plan on prepping what I can. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment