Saturday, June 29, 2013

Primal Challenge - Week One Meal Plan

I absolutely have to go into this with a meal plan.  I generally meal plan before shopping each week, so it wasn't that difficult for me to do.  Except that I had to buy only Primal foods.  (Okay, not true.  My 6yo Monkey loves sandwiches and can not live without them, much to my chagrin.  And the fiance is not 100% on board with trying the diet.  I'd put him at 50% on board.  Meaning he'll think about it, but he won't have any qualms about bringing home a coke and drinking it in front of me.)

I figure my breakfasts will be about the same every morning: bacon, eggs, fruit.  Maybe some sweet potato pancakes?  I didn't plan this out very well; I'm used to only planning dinners.  Will definitely plan breakfast foods for next week.  See? I'm learning already.

In no particular order:


  • Grilled chicken with zucchini and cauliflower rice
  • Hobo packets (chuck steak and cut up veggies wrapped in foil and baked)
  • Chicken Enchiladas x2 (experimenting with coconut flour tortillas), maybe with a side of Mexican cauliflower rice
  • Chicken Strips with steamed broccoli and fresh carrots
  • Roast Chicken x2 (meaning it will feed us twice!)
And for random snacks I have:
  • watermelon
  • cantaloupe
  • carrots
  • cherries
  • cucumbers (I do NOT like cucumbers.  Maybe I can change my mind about them?)
  • raisins

No comments:

Post a Comment