Saturday, June 29, 2013

30 Day Primal Challenge

I've done the primal diet before (also called the Paleo diet, etc, etc).  I've very much stopped following it, though, because, well... Cakes, cookies, Mtn. Dew, pie, cupcakes. I love junk food.  And that's a problem. Since Rhed and I have decided to try all these crazy (and not so crazy) internet challenges, we decided it was a perfect time to challenge ourselves to eat better.  She's doing the Whole30, which is a lot more strict than the challenge I've set for myself.  While we're basing this blog on fitness challenges that may or may not be realistic, I figured that the primal diet is something I want to stick with, so I want a challenge I can meet.  And since I will be A) apartment hunting in a city 1.5 hours away B) moving and C) road tripping during this challenge, I knew Whole30 was NOT for me.

Anyway, my challenge: Eat "primal diet approved" foods for 30 days.  No cakes. No cookies.  No soda. *sad face*  My diet for the next thirty days will include lots of good eats, moderate okay eats, and (hopefully!) no bad eats.  Week one's meal plan to come!

Good Eats:

Meat
Eggs
Veggies
Nuts/Seeds
Good Fats (butter, coconut oil, olive oil)
Fruits
Green beans, sugar snap peas
Water

Okay Eats:

Dairy
Dark chocolate
Tea sweetened with natural stevia
Honey
Maple Syrup
Soy sauce (gluten free)

Bad Eats:

Grains (wheat, barley, rice, etc, etc)
Legumes (beans, and peanuts; excepting the above)
Processed foods
Refined Sugar
Bad fats

No comments:

Post a Comment